Authors: TheIndianSubcontinent News Agency
Borussia Dortmund on Sunday said Ousmane Dembele remained suspended "until further notice" for skipping training this week, as speculation continues to swirl over the wantaway forward's possible move to Barcelona.
"Borussia Dortmund have decided to maintain the player Ousmane Dembele's suspension from team training until further notice," the Bundesliga outfit said in a statement.
Dembele was sanctioned after he failed to show up for practice on Thursday, the same day Dortmund announced they had rejected Barca's opening offer for the France international.
The youngster was fined and initially suspended until Monday, missing Dortmund's 4-0 win over Rielasingen-Arlen on Saturday.
"Our focus is now on a concentrated preparation of the team for the Bundesliga opening match in Wolfsburg this coming weekend," Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc said in a statement.
"Ousmane Dembele of course has the option to train separately from the group."
Dembele, who at the age of just 20 is considered one of the top talents in Europe, has been hotly pursued by the Spanish giants to fill the void left by Neymar's move to Paris Saint-Germain for a world-record 222 million euros ($260 million).
German tabloid Bild has reported that Dortmund want an eye-watering 150 million euros ($175 million) for their rising star, a price Barca have bristled at.
Dembele himself has made clear he is keen to join the Catalans, and German media have suggested his no-show at training may have been intended to put pressure on the negotiations.
Dortmund said the initial bid made by Barca did not reflect the young winger's "extraordinary" value or the current state of the transfer market.
- Ayushmann Khurrana Interview: It’s a welcome change for me to not be the simple, sweet and good guy in a film!
- Review of Partition: 1947, a heartfelt depiction of factors that led to Indo-Pak Partition, in Last Viceroy's Point of view!
- Dhanush: 'VIP 2' starts from where 'VIP' ended. It's a proper sequel to VIP!
- Azpilicueta talks FIWC, team-mates' FIFA skills and his favourite club
- Nominees for The Best FIFA Football Awards to be announced on Thursday
- Women’s football tackling big issues in India
- Valderrama: To be the best, you have to love football
- Favourites on form during exciting opening day
- New-look Nepal harbouring fresh hopes
- 10 Amazing Places Life Has Been Found
- 10 Reasons The Story Of Jesus Might Be An Allegory For The Sun
- Top 10 Incredible Stories Told By Credible People
- Trump's crisis spurs talk of White House departures
- Internet firms shift stance, move to exile white supremacists
- Thirty-seven inmates killed in government raid on Venezuelan prison
- With a wary eye on Iran, Saudi and Iraqi leaders draw closer
- Virginia rally victim's message 'magnified,' mother tells memorial
- Bangladesh has highest trade deficit since 2010
- Dominant Madrid crush Barcelona to win Super Cup
- Human Rights Watch appeals to India on Rohingya situation