WASHINGTON, October 17. /TASS/. The Pentagon plans to train four more battalions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in 2018, an official from the United States European Command (EUCOM) told TASS.
"I can tell you that we will assist in four rotations scheduled over the next year. We continue to advise the Ukrainian Army, who now lead the training rotations through the Joint Multinational Training Group - Ukraine program," the source said.
"The rotations are battalion sized elements of the Ukraine Army coming through the JMTG-U program as they have been for several years now. This is just a continuation of the program that has been in place since 2015," the source told TASS.
In turn, the press service of the US State Department told TASS said that the US administration continues to study the requests of Ukraine to provide it with military equipment and other type of military assistance.
In 2016, the US prepared 6 battalions of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, including one - special forces. In 2015, the United States trained three battalions of the National Guard of Ukraine, which, as the Russian Foreign Ministry had earlier indicated, also included ultra-nationalists.
According to information previously provided by the American authorities, in particular, counter-battery radars, unmanned aerial vehicles, secure communications and radio electronic warfare equipment were transferred to Kiev. At the same time, Ukraine is also seeking supplies of American weapons.
In other media
- US announces new assistance to Lebanese military
- Sweden to re-establish military unit on Baltic Sea island
- French lawmaker warns over judging the budget by its cover
- Serbia turns to Russia for air defense systems, helo procurement
- GAO: Upgrading to new GPS will cost billions more than planned
- ‘Nothing more natural’: Turkey-Qatar procurement business flourishes
- British lawmakers defeat May's government on Brexit law
- Bangladesh to ramp up security for Christmas, New Year festivities in Dhaka
- UN expert says inmate US torture continues at Guantanamo Bay
- Court upholds Salvadoran woman's 30-year sentence after stillbirth
- ICC admits allegations of Ashes spot-fixing plot are ‘of grave concern’
- NATO Hails Opening of Saudi Arabian Movie Theater Market
- France creates office to improve military aircraft readiness
- Potential ‘harm’ to economy now a factor in all Canada defense competitions
- Comprehensive missile defense for the homeland [Commentary]
- Gareca: I want Peru to boss matches at the World Cup
- Everton executes Renato’s masterplan to perfection
- At least 39 Yemenis dead in Saudi-led raid on police camp in Sanaa: official
- Trump's Jerusalem decision shows lack of respect for Palestinian nation: Iran's Rouhani
- High Court sees abuse of power in mobile courts, cites Lakshmipur jailing of pensioner