SOCHI, October 16. /TASS/. The world community cannot unite in the war on terror now as some states pursue their own geopolitical goals, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Monday during the Festival of Youth and Students in Sochi.
"The world situation remains tense and unpredictable, and new challenges emerge, and there is an upsurge of international terrorism that threatens the whole international community," Lavrov told a panel discussion "Global Politics and Its Agenda: How to Protect the World."
"No union can be truly achieved now. Some governments pursue their own geopolitical interests," he said.
According to Lavrov, political systems are exported without taking into account traditions.
"The practice of unilateral sanctions has seriously undermined international law," he stressed, voicing concerns over "the loss of mutual trust, which won’t be easily restored."
In other media
- Serbia turns to Russia for air defense systems, helo procurement
- GAO: Upgrading to new GPS will cost billions more than planned
- ‘Nothing more natural’: Turkey-Qatar procurement business flourishes
- British Council opens WOW Dhaka’s Chittagong Chapter, self-access centre
- Azam J Chowdhury elected president of BAPLC, Anis Khan vice-president
- Rohit smashes third ODI double ton in India's big win over Sri Lanka
- Court upholds Salvadoran woman's 30-year sentence after stillbirth
- ICC admits allegations of Ashes spot-fixing plot are ‘of grave concern’
- #IslamicUnityforQuds is trending at 4 in world
- 'Fauda' renewed for 3rd year
- At ICJ is trending at 9 in India
- AMC Entertainment Announces MoU with The Public Investment Fund, the Sovereign Wealth Fund of Saudi Arabia
- Rage, glory and Avi Nesher
- A footballing experience for all, at Qatar 2022
- US decision on Jerusalem a mindless blow to rights and status, says President Hamid
- Uruguay hosts world's biggest barbecue beating Argentina
- Democrat Jones wins US Senate seat in Alabama in blow to Trump
- Zionist Union unveils plan for fighting corruption
- Federal budget deficit amounts to 0.7% of GDP in 11 months — Russian Finance Ministry
- Diplomat says US fails to present evidence of INF Treaty violations by Russia