MOSCOW, October 12. /TASS/. Pilots of the Russian Knights aerobatic team flying Su-30SM planes drilled the skills of intercepting and destroying a maneuver enemy fighter jet during exercises, the Russian Defense Ministry said.
"The crew of a MiG-31BM interceptor aircraft played the role of the maneuver enemy. The aircraft took off from an aerodrome in the Nizhny Novgorod region and approached the zone of responsibility of air defense forces at a high speed and at an altitude of more than 10,000 meters, ignoring requests from air traffic controllers," the ministry said.
Two crews of the aerobatics team took off from the Kubinka airfield outside Moscow, intercepted the target and simulated its destruction.
Tactical flight drills are conducted as part of a control check for the 2017 academic year. It involves more than ten crews of Russian Knights and Swifts aerobatic teams using Su-30SM and MiG-29 planes.
In other media
- Saudis in talks with TAI to buy six Anka turkish drones
- Saudi firm formulates deal with BAE, Rolls-Royce for military aircraft engine maintenance
- Leonardo boss calls market reaction ‘excessive’ in wake of lower forecast
- NATO apologizes after Turkey’s president shown as enemy during drill
- US State Department clears Poland’s $10.5B request to buy Patriot
- Ambassador to NATO unsure if US will impose sanctions on Turkey for S-400 buy
- Gary Lineker and Maria Komandnaya to conduct Final Draw
- Syria toxic gas inquiry to end after Russia again blocks UN renewal
- Rangers arrest 13 criminals in Karachi
- Gilgit-Baltistan becomes ideal place for tourism: Ghazanfar
- Pakistan NSA Nasser Khan Janjua Accuses India of Creating 'Two-Front Situation'
- Pakistan Has To Show Pristine Behaviour For Normalisation of Ties With NSG: Former US Diplomat
- Argentine Submarine Goes Missing With 44 Crew Members On Board - Navy
- China Proposes Alternative Routes For CPEC Via J K, Nepal
- Box Office – Tumhari Sulu Does Fair Business Amongst Women Centric Films In 2017
- Chennai Customs Website Hacked: Hackers Possibly From Pakistan Claim To Deface Site
- Purchase of More Rafales Was Raised By France Last Month: Defence Minister
- Russian embassy urges US authorities to stop restring free speech for Russian media
- UN SC to continue talks on prolonging investigation of chemical attacks in Syria
- Ambassador says commission for chemical attacks in Syria covered itself with shame