KAZAN, October 11. /TASS/. A total of 109 football fans will not be permitted to attend games of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, Director General of Russia-2018 Local Organizing Committee (LOC) Alexei Sorokin has told reporters.
"So far, we know about 109 names on the list. Whether it will expand or not, I cannot tell. On the other hand, why should we let to stadiums people who regularly demonstrate improper behavior and use football to make public some of their ideas, to show their weird side to the public. Football should be watched by those who love this sports," Sorokin said.
"It is evident that people were blacklisted for certain reasons, for committing some offences," he added. "The path to restricting access to stadiums for individuals systematically violating the law has been a long one, we had to adopt a special law which is currently in force."
"This is reassuring to us to a certain extent as far as security reasons are concerned. It also answers many questions that our Western colleagues regularly ask," Sorokin said.
Russia was granted the right for the football championship after clinching the bid in Guatemala in December 2010. The victory came following a tight race against a bid from England, a joint bid from Portugal and Spain and another joint bid on behalf of Belgium and the Netherlands.
The country selected 11 host cities to be the venues for the matches of the 2018 World Cup and they are Moscow, St. Petersburg, Sochi, Kazan, Saransk, Kaliningrad, Volgograd, Rostov-on-Don, Nizhny Novgorod, Yekaterinburg and Samara.
The matches of the 2018 World Cup will be held between June 14 and July 15 at 12 stadiums located in the 11 above-mentioned cities across Russia. Two of the stadiums are located in the Russian capital.
In other media
- Manish Pandey is trending at 9 in India
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar is trending at 8 in India
- Gary Lineker and Maria Komandnaya to conduct Final Draw
- Great demand for World Cup tickets
- Uruguay 2018: More than just an emblem launch
- Coleman leaves Wales post
- Syria toxic gas inquiry to end after Russia again blocks UN renewal
- Expansionist designs of India great threat to peace in region: AJK PM
- No new case of polio reported in FATA during 2017: Jhagra
- Highest standards of education to be ensured at all Public Sector Universities: AJK President
- Pakistan NSA Nasser Khan Janjua Accuses India of Creating 'Two-Front Situation'
- Box Office – Tumhari Sulu Does Fair Business Amongst Women Centric Films In 2017
- Aircraft, helicopter collide mid-air in UK, number of casualties reported
- Nigeria's bobsled women's team on brink of Winter Olympics dream
- Russian embassy urges US authorities to stop restring free speech for Russian media
- Catelynn Lowell Says She Is Seeking Treatment After Having Suicidal Thoughts
- UN SC to continue talks on prolonging investigation of chemical attacks in Syria
- Ambassador says commission for chemical attacks in Syria covered itself with shame
- Russia vetoes UN SC's resolution on prolonging mandate of investigative mission in Syria
- Threats of bombs planted to target Putin's motorcade in St Petersburg prove false