MOSCOW, September 12. /TASS/. Russian military has concluded the establishment of a new temporary airfield on one of the Kuril Islands in the country’s Far East, the press service of Russia’s Eastern Military District said in a statement.
"Military servicemen have built a runway of 28,000 metal plates, runway markings have been installed," the statement reads.
In addition, communication tools and navigational equipment have also been installed. The airfield has received a state registration certificate and an operational status license, the press service added.
However, the press service did not provide details as to where the new airfield was located.
In early June, Eastern Military District Spokesman Alexander Gordeyev said that work had been launched to restore an airfield on the Matua Island, one of the Kuril Islands, where there were two asphalt and concrete runways more than 1,200 meters long and 80 meters wide.
- Iran’s president declares elimination of Islamic State in Syria
- Washington uses terror groups in Syria for its own goals — Lavrov
- Foreign Ministry accredited press can cover election without difficulty — election chief
- Armenia plans to boost cooperation with Russia in all areas
- Rosneft CEO will not attend court session on ex-economy minister case
- Putin to discuss Syrian deal with Trump and Middle East leaders
- Japan woman claims to have dumped babies in concrete buckets
- Three LeT militants killed in gunbattle
- Liquor ban impossible, says Siddaramaiah
- Deepika gets state police protection
- Tough task for police station in violent Arab town
- Rafale Deal: Being Too Clever by Half
- Lockheed Firm On Moving F-16 Production To India Despite Growing International Orders
- China Objects To President Ram Nath Kovind’s Arunachal Pradesh Visit
- Another Youth Shuns Terrorism, Returns Home
- Israel’s Titanic Eight-Nation Air Force Exercise Concludes
- PAK SCAN: LoC Violations 'Highly Unprofessional And Unethical', DGMO Tells Indian Counterpart
- Amsterdam wins race to host the European Medicines Agency
- Mugabe still Zimbabwe president despite pressure to quit now
- Rotterdam nursing home assistant arrested for allegedly murdering patient