A young mother from Duisburg was feeding her two children a fish fillet sold by fishmonger Nordsee, when she discovered a translucent worm in the flesh, the Rheinische Post reported on Friday.
33-year-old Tatjana K. was hoping to make a quick meal for her son and daughter. So she put a fish fillet she had bought from Nordsee in the microwave.
But as she cut off a chunk of fish for her three-year-old son, she noticed that fish flesh wasn't the only thing her son was about to get a mouthful of. Also on the fork was a seven-centimetre, translucent worm.
Luckily for the young boy, his mother is currently studying biology in Essen. As she had recently been dissecting worms in the lab, she was able to spot the unwanted guest "in the nick of time", she said
After expressing initial disgust, her children decided that they wanted to take a closer look, so the mother dissected the worm with them. She then came to the conclusion that it was a parasite rather than a tapeworm, due to the length and translucent colouring of the creature.
Tatjana K. said that she had received an apology from Nordsee. The company also told RP that they “regretted that the product did not reach the customer’s accustomed expectations.”
- The Walt Disney Company to Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., after Spinoff of Certain Businesses, for $52.4 Billion in Stock
- Alcons Pro-Ribbons Deliver FLIX Cinema’s Platinum Quality
- Ajay Bijli of PVR Limited Receives “Exhibitor of the Year” Award at CineAsia 2017
- 4DX Forms New Partnership with Malaysia’s Golden Screen Cinemas and Signs Strategic Deal with PVR Cinemas to Launch Another Sixteen 4DX Screens in India
- Cinemark Announces Grand Opening of New 8-Screen Theatre with Luxury Lounger Recliners and XD Auditorium in Spanish Fork, Utah
- Atom Tickets Teams Up With Showcase Cinemas To Expand Digital Ticketing To Even More Screens In the Northeast
- Long Range Forecast: ‘Fifty Shades Freed’ ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Barco receives the Technology Innovator Award at CineAsia 2017
- Thursday Night Report: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Launches to $45M Domestic; Reaches $60.8M Overseas In Two Days
- Cinemark Promotes Don Harton and Damian Wardle to Executive Vice President
- US Army may send larger deployments to Europe
- American exodus? 17,000 US defense suppliers may have left the defense sector
- As tensions ease, China keeps building on disputed islands
- New Navy secretary report criticizes service culture and top brass decisions
- The Army is testing if it wants to operate combat drones remotely
- Italian pilot school achievements may benefit American T-X trainer program
- US: Ballistic missiles fired on Saudi Arabia were provided by Iran
- Russia's naval updates threaten undersea comms network, says top British military officer
- US Army Europe is getting a new commander from 25th ID
- A road map and recipe for US-India defense ties