Terminal 1 of Germany's largest airport was partially evacuated over the weekend, after an apparently psychologically disturbed man told police was carrying explosives in his luggage.
A taxi driver first alerted police after the 37-year-old man had acted strangely during his cab ride to the airport on Saturday evening.
Federal police met the man as he arrived at the airport, and he told them that he was carrying explosives in his luggage. He was immediately arrested while authorities partially evacuated Terminal A and blocked off the entrance to the long-distance railway station.
Explosives experts then approached the luggage but only found computer parts and a small fuel bottle for camping inside.
Investigators emphasize that travellers were never in any danger. The man was already known to the police for similar actions in the past and was taken to a psychological ward.
Roughly 160,000 passengers travel through Frankfurt Airport every day, making it Germany's busiest air hub.
- #زد_رصيدك17 is trending at 10 in world
- #البنات_مزبله_البشريه is trending at 9 in world
- Ron Gardenhire is trending at 8 in world
- Roberto Baratta is trending at 7 in world
- John Kelly is trending at 6 in world
- #LEmissionPolitique is trending at 5 in world
- #XF11 is trending at 4 in world
- #SigamosCambiandoJuntos is trending at 3 in world
- #bbcqt is trending at 2 in world
- #Gala6GH is trending at 1 in world
- 5 Years Of Sidharth Malhotra is trending at 9 in India
- Rex Tillerson is trending at 8 in India
- GOLMAAL AGAIN BOOKINGS OPEN is trending at 7 in India
- #LightingTheHimalayas is trending at 6 in India
- #Mersal is trending at 5 in India
- #HappyDiwali is trending at 4 in India
- #SpiritDay is trending at 3 in India
- #CrackerBanHitOrMiss is trending at 2 in India
- 22 EVERGREEN YEARS OF DDLJ is trending at 1 in India
- Social Media: The ‘IT’ Factor