File photo of an emergency room: DPA.
After four hours of waiting in hospital, a pregnant woman in Bavaria was examined, only to find out that she had lost her baby.
The 37-year-old woman who was three months pregnant had intended to go grocery shopping with her husband before she realized she was bleeding heavily about two weeks ago, the Münchner Merkur reported on Thursday.
"We were so shocked that we drove to the emergency room without hesitation," the pregnant woman’s husband told the Merkur.
But the couple had no idea that it would be four hours until they'd even see a doctor at the hospital in the southern town of Fürstenfeldbruck.
When a doctor finally had the chance to examine the pregnant woman, it was ultimately discovered that she had lost her baby. In fact, the baby had already died before the couple had arrived at the hospital.
The long wait was aggravating, said the woman's 38-year-old husband.
"I kept asking why nobody was examining her," he said.
“Once a nurse said that there was only one doctor there, another time we didn’t get any information. Later it was said that two doctors were there, but that both of them were likely busy.”
The husband also questioned why a standby doctor for support hadn't come.
According to the hospital’s spokeswoman, Andrea Wieland, two of the doctors on duty that day were working amongst four delivery rooms.
"Both doctors were aware that some patients had to wait longer,” said Wieland, explaining that some cases had to be prioritized according to urgency.
The husband, who had his first child with his wife two years ago in the same hospital, said he did not want to criticize the hospital too much, though he was not happy with the conditions that day.
"Something like what happened that Saturday should not happen," he said.
READ ALSO: Berlin parents waiting up to three months for babies' birth certificates
- Pope marries couple on papal plane
- UK encourages travelling Indians to apply for visitor visa
- Kannada actor Kashinath dies
- Bipasha finally breaks silence on pregnancy rumours
- Heroes' welcome for defeated Dutch
- 10 Most Interesting Passengers Of The Mayflower
- Prof AA Ziauddin Ahmad passes away
- Pope Francis marries couple on Chile flight
- 'PM, Gujarat police harassing me'
- 2G scam: A Raja challenges ex-CAG
- Netanyahu woos B'wood stars
- Berlin rapper turned Isis fighter killed in Syria (for third time)
- Long-distance trains start running again after hurricane
- Dutch state-owned casino sale won’t be before 2020
- Entire China Within India’s Nuke Strike Zone
- Asensio lifts second-string Real Madrid at Leganes
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern pregnant
- Apple revamps web design for App Store
- SC dismisses plea against Farooqui's acquittal in rape case
- 'You are pure evil': Larry Nassar says it’s too hard to listen to victim statements