Accountability court orders Dar to submit Rs5 million to ensure his presence in the trial
ISLAMABAD: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on Monday appeared before an accountability court to record his statement in connection with “investigations against him for the accumulation of assets and funds beyond known sources of income”.
The court, while supplying copies of the reference and other material consisting of 23 volumes to Dar, set September 27 as the date to indict the finance minister.
Finance czar: Double whammy for Ishaq Dar
In compliance with the earlier issued bailable arrest warrants, Dar’s counsel submitted bonds worth Rs1 million. Further, the court ordered the federal minister to submit Rs5 million to ensure his presence in the trial.
Last week, the accountability court issued bailable arrest warrants against Dar. During the hearing, Dar’s staff officer Fazal Dad informed the court that summons had been received and the finance minister was aware of the case, however, he was in London on a private visit. “His seat was confirmed and he had to return but he couldn’t,” the official said.
- Lena Dunham is trending at 7 in world
- CBFC is trending at 5 in India
- Thursday Night Report: ‘Justice League’ Bows to $13M; ‘Wonder’ Starts with $740K
- Long Range Forecast: ‘The Post,’ ‘Proud Mary,’ ‘Paddington 2,’ ‘The Commuter, ‘Condorito’
- ‘Justice League’ Starts w/ $27.3M Overseas
- Coleman leaves Wales post
- Lebanon's Hariri leaves Saudi Arabia for France on Friday
- NID services: EC vows to take tough action against corruption
- Venezuela crisis: Caracas Mayor Antonio Ledezma flees country
- CTD arrests one terrorist in Peshawar
- Regional gird project being established soon to utilize energy in GB: Akbar
- Security forces carry out operation against terrorists in Turbat
- Rangers arrest 13 criminals in Karachi
- Expansionist designs of India great threat to peace in region: AJK PM
- Gilgit-Baltistan becomes ideal place for tourism: Ghazanfar
- No new case of polio reported in FATA during 2017: Jhagra
- Highest standards of education to be ensured at all Public Sector Universities: AJK President
- Govt making concrete efforts for promotion of education sector in Balochistan: Achakzai
- Development projects need of hour after restoration of peace in Karachi: Zubair
- Governor Sindh invites Kuwaiti investors to take benefits of economic opportunities in Pakistan