Accountability court orders Dar to submit Rs5 million to ensure his presence in the trial
ISLAMABAD: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on Monday appeared before an accountability court to record his statement in connection with “investigations against him for the accumulation of assets and funds beyond known sources of income”.
The court, while supplying copies of the reference and other material consisting of 23 volumes to Dar, set September 27 as the date to indict the finance minister.
Finance czar: Double whammy for Ishaq Dar
In compliance with the earlier issued bailable arrest warrants, Dar’s counsel submitted bonds worth Rs1 million. Further, the court ordered the federal minister to submit Rs5 million to ensure his presence in the trial.
Last week, the accountability court issued bailable arrest warrants against Dar. During the hearing, Dar’s staff officer Fazal Dad informed the court that summons had been received and the finance minister was aware of the case, however, he was in London on a private visit. “His seat was confirmed and he had to return but he couldn’t,” the official said.
- Syed Salahuddin is trending at 6 in India
- Spanish village 'purifies' horses with fire in age-old ritual
- Peru shamans hold rituals, foresee good news during Pope's visit
- Screenvision Media and Deadline Hollywood Partner at Sundance Festival on Celebrity Interview Studio
- Former Dreamworks Exec Gordon Synn Joins Fathom Events as Chief Content and Programming Officer
- NCM Names Sarah Kinnick Hilty Senior Vice President and General Counsel
- QSC Announces Two New Flyable Subwoofers
- CJ CGV Installs Premium HARMAN Audio Systems in 24 Theaters Across Vietnam
- AHC 2018 Spotlight Lifetime Achievement Award: Gary Meyer
- T-Mobile and Twentieth Century Fox Film Join Forces to Give Customers the Red Carpet Treatment At ‘Deadpool 2,’ ‘Maze Runner’ and More
- Numero, a VISTA Group Company Providing Box Office Reporting, Hires Larry McCourt as President, North America
- Weekend Forecast: ’12 Strong’ ‘Den of Thieves’ Aim For Older Male Audiences Against Sunday NFL Playoffs
- Kerala minor rape case: Two police officers, three others arrested
- FM Jaitley chairs pre-budget meeting in Delhi
- Woman gang-raped at her house in Fatehabad
- Israel PM meets biz leaders over power breakfast in Mumbai
- EC announces dates for Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland Assembly polls
- Saharanpur' Chirag knows multiplication tables till 20 crore
- Terror funding case: NIA files chargesheet against Hafiz Saeed, 11 others
- Chabahar corridor, a major success: Iranian minister