NEW YORK, Sept. 12, 2017 — IMAX Corporation (IMAX) (NYSE: IMAX) and Malco Theatres Inc., a leading regional exhibitor in the Southern U.S., today announced a sales agreement for two IMAX® theatres. The first IMAX theatre will be added to the Malco Paradiso Cinema Grill in Memphis, Tenn., and the second to the Malco Razorback Cinema Grill in Fayetteville, Ark.with both IMAX auditoriums slated to open in December. The agreement marks the first-ever IMAX theatres for Malco Theatres, as well as the first commercial IMAX theatre in Memphis and the first-ever IMAX in Fayetteville.
“We are excited to welcome Malco Theatres to the IMAX business, and together look forward to introducing the world’s most immersive cinema going experience to new audiences across Tennessee, Arkansas and the Mid-South,” said Mark Welton, President, IMAX Theatres. “In 2016, our domestic signings reached a three year high and we’re delighted to continue this momentum as exhibitors look for a premium and differentiated offering to get audiences off their couches and into the multiplex.”
“We looked at all of our options regarding a large format solution and came to the conclusion that no one has a better combination of quality, full immersion cinema, and brand awareness than IMAX. We are excited to add The IMAX Experience to these two already great theatres,” said Stephen Lightman, Malco Theatres, President and CEO.
- The Walt Disney Company to Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., after Spinoff of Certain Businesses, for $52.4 Billion in Stock
- Alcons Pro-Ribbons Deliver FLIX Cinema’s Platinum Quality
- Ajay Bijli of PVR Limited Receives “Exhibitor of the Year” Award at CineAsia 2017
- 4DX Forms New Partnership with Malaysia’s Golden Screen Cinemas and Signs Strategic Deal with PVR Cinemas to Launch Another Sixteen 4DX Screens in India
- Cinemark Announces Grand Opening of New 8-Screen Theatre with Luxury Lounger Recliners and XD Auditorium in Spanish Fork, Utah
- Atom Tickets Teams Up With Showcase Cinemas To Expand Digital Ticketing To Even More Screens In the Northeast
- Long Range Forecast: ‘Fifty Shades Freed’ ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Barco receives the Technology Innovator Award at CineAsia 2017
- Thursday Night Report: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Launches to $45M Domestic; Reaches $60.8M Overseas In Two Days
- Cinemark Promotes Don Harton and Damian Wardle to Executive Vice President
- A road map and recipe for US-India defense ties
- Al Jazira, Pachuca in search of bronze goodbye
- Venezuela first lady's nephews jailed for drugs
- Marco Polo del Nero: Brazil's football president is suspended by Fifa
- Peru Odebrecht scandal: President Kuczynski faces impeachment
- Who will succeed Michelle Bachelet in Chile?
- Israeli troops wound more than 40 Palestinians in protests over US Jerusalem move
- EU leaders agree to 2nd phase of Brexit talks
- Mohiuddin Chowdhury buried next to his father’s grave as Chittagong bids bye to former mayor
- Two More Actresses Revealed As Part Of Alleged Sex Cult With Chloe From Smallville — And One Is Speaking Out!