Authors: Ecroaker.com Boosters. Pitch your Idea
Not so special delivery…
A pizza festival in Bushwick, NY is being burnt to a crisp by ticket holders who say the event failed to deliver on its za supply and quality!
Shortly after the New York City Pizza Festival began at 3 p.m. on Saturday for "a day long celebration of the dough, cheese, tasty sauces and delicious toppings," upset attendees warned others the festival was a complete disappointment.
Related: Hillary Clinton Surprises Supporters With PIZZA!
One commenter wrote on the event's Facebook page:
"This thing is a joke!!! 4 tents, plates with small slices, over an hr wait to get in and we are still waiting now!! Don't bother peeps!"
If that wasn't bad enough, many fuming foodies — who spent up to $75 a ticket — also began uploading photos of the slivers of slices they were given (above, minus the rapper) at the empty venue:
Others couldn't help but compare it to Ja Rule's ill-fated Fyre Festival in the Bahamas, the supposed luxurious island getaway concert that ended up being a dumpster fire.
Related: Fyre Festival Founder Arrested And Charged With Fraud!
Organizers for the event posted an explanation on Facebook Saturday evening, saying they "had been hit by an incredible amount of delays in pizza delivery," adding:
"Fresh, diverse, and delicious pizza was supposed to be delivered every 30 minutes. A make-up tasting will be announced shortly. Sincere apologies. Please do not come for the rest of the night's tastings. Apologies for inconvenience!"
Of course, peeved ticket holders weren't satisfied with the half-baked apology. A separate Facebook group has been created threatening legal action against the "rotten scam," declaring:
"This was a rotten scam, they promoted this as a pizza festival and a hamburger festival. People who arrived early said there were about 5 pies cut into micro slices of really bad pizza. There were no hamburgers! Clearly this is a scam and the organizers should be held accountable."
Some attendees reported receiving a ticket refund, while others said they are having trouble getting their dough back.
[Image via Facebook.]
Tags: facebook, food, fyre festival, icky icky poo, ja rule, new york pizza festival, tacky and true, viral: news, wacky
- Gaza is trending at 10 in India
- Rs 650 is trending at 9 in India
- Jharkhand's Kumardubi is trending at 8 in India
- Arun Sadhu is trending at 6 in India
- #Super30 is trending at 5 in India
- #MaharawalRatanSingh is trending at 4 in India
- #DeendayalUpadhyaya is trending at 3 in India
- Studio Weekend Estimates: ‘Kingsman’ Golden w/ $39M; ‘Lego Ninjago’ Starts w/ $21.2M; R-Rated Titles Comprise 8 of Top 10
- Trio through to Uruguay as Korea DPR retain title
- Trump slaps travel restrictions on N Korea, Venezuela in sweeping new ban
- London mayor says Britain should not host President Trump on state visit
- Chastened Merkel braces for coalition tussle after vote
- Venezuela added to US travel ban
- Govt to finalise health surcharge policy after PM returns
- Moeen Ali smashes second fastest ODI century for England, helps them beat West Indies
- India clinch ODI series with hat-trick of wins against Australia
- Barca, Real and Atletico all win in La Liga
- Seven pro-Jamaat-e-Islami doctors face police grilling over ‘violent sabotage plan'
- BNP rejects Hasina's 'safe zone' solution to Rohingya crisis
- Man beats sister to death over marriage dispute