Establishment and government authorities concerned must pay the much-needed attention to setup of the Foreign Office
LAHORE: This is in response to Anjum Niaz’s article titled ‘Politics at the Foreign Office’ published on September 5th. It is great to see Ms Niaz making readers understand the bigger picture of the failures of our Foreign Office than only pointing fingers at the two individuals, Abdul Basit and Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry, for their immature squabble. It’s time that the establishment and the government authorities concerned paid the much-needed attention to the setup of the Foreign Office as it is one of the pillars in making democracy work and develop.
, September 13th, 2017.
Like Opinion & Editorial on Facebook, follow @ETOpEd to receive all updates on all our daily pieces.
- Happily Ever Afterlife: The Making of Disney Pixar’s ‘COCO’
- Weekend Forecast: Will Pixar’s ‘Coco’ Reign for Thanksgiving Over ‘Justice League’ Breakout ‘Wonder’?
- Australia wants to expand relations with Bangladesh
- ASEM concludes, avoids Rohingya issue in chair’s statement
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3 with 64GB internal storage, 4GB RAM launched: Specifications, features
- Gaten Matarazzo Joe Keery Shame The Internet While Answering The Most Searched Questions About Stranger Things — Watch!
- And The Dancing With The Stars Mirrorball Trophy Goes To…
- America's Next Top Model Winner Eva Marcille Is Pregnant With A Baby Boy!
- David Cassidy Passes Away At 67
- Julia Stiles Welcomes Her First Child!
- Meghan McCain Just Got Married At Her Father's Ranch! Awwww!
- Chrissy Teigen Flaunts Her Baby Bump After Announcing Second Pregnancy!
- Nick Carter Accused Of Rape! Melissa Schuman Of Girl Group Dream Tells Her Horrifying Story!
- Janice Dickinson Scores A Legal Win Against Bill Cosby!
- Gabby Douglas Says She Was Also Abused By Team Doctor Larry Nassar
- US opened Pandora’s box in situation around media — Russian diplomat
- Lebanese PM Hariri lands in Beirut
- Colourful strings weave through renovated offices of Californian design agency
- Lavrov, Tillerson discuss Russia-US cooperation prospects — Foreign Ministry
- Russia informs France of Kerimov’s diplomatic immunity — Foreign Ministry