Establishment and government authorities concerned must pay the much-needed attention to setup of the Foreign Office
LAHORE: This is in response to Anjum Niaz’s article titled ‘Politics at the Foreign Office’ published on September 5th. It is great to see Ms Niaz making readers understand the bigger picture of the failures of our Foreign Office than only pointing fingers at the two individuals, Abdul Basit and Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry, for their immature squabble. It’s time that the establishment and the government authorities concerned paid the much-needed attention to the setup of the Foreign Office as it is one of the pillars in making democracy work and develop.
, September 13th, 2017.
Like Opinion & Editorial on Facebook, follow @ETOpEd to receive all updates on all our daily pieces.
- Gaza is trending at 10 in India
- Rs 650 is trending at 9 in India
- Jharkhand's Kumardubi is trending at 8 in India
- Arun Sadhu is trending at 6 in India
- #Super30 is trending at 5 in India
- #MaharawalRatanSingh is trending at 4 in India
- #DeendayalUpadhyaya is trending at 3 in India
- Studio Weekend Estimates: ‘Kingsman’ Golden w/ $39M; ‘Lego Ninjago’ Starts w/ $21.2M; R-Rated Titles Comprise 8 of Top 10
- Trio through to Uruguay as Korea DPR retain title
- Trump slaps travel restrictions on N Korea, Venezuela in sweeping new ban
- London mayor says Britain should not host President Trump on state visit
- Chastened Merkel braces for coalition tussle after vote
- Venezuela added to US travel ban
- Govt to finalise health surcharge policy after PM returns
- Moeen Ali smashes second fastest ODI century for England, helps them beat West Indies
- India clinch ODI series with hat-trick of wins against Australia
- Barca, Real and Atletico all win in La Liga
- Seven pro-Jamaat-e-Islami doctors face police grilling over ‘violent sabotage plan'
- BNP rejects Hasina's 'safe zone' solution to Rohingya crisis
- Man beats sister to death over marriage dispute