The daring Kalki Koechlin is known for her eccentric persona within the Indian film industry. The Margarita with a straw star always seems to experiment with her movie roles and her fashion style but is always open to justifying her actions.
Reported by Business of Cinema, Koechlin has found the need to explain her recent photo-shoot which was shared on her Instagram handle:
She was attacked for the baring it all photo and went on to tell a leading tabloid that, “As women, we often are depicted through a man’s perspective, but this picture was clicked by a woman photographer. That’s why I found it significant to share the photograph.”
Kalki Koechlin all set to work in Pakistan
The model/actor seems to have found the perfect platform to speak about body shaming, in response to all the hate and comments on her revealing picture. “Body shaming women proves how undeveloped our society still is,” she adds. Koechlin believes that she has taken a step towards making a change by sharing such pictures.
The unapologetic Kalki considers it important to be comfortable in your own skin, have faith in what you do and and wear your heart on your sleeve. She doesn’t seem ashamed nor embarrassed about her photo-shoot. Does she need to be?
Saw a human aspect of Pakistan through Azmaish: Kalki Koechlin
“I think it’s important to celebrate who you are and your body rather than ponder about what the world will think. I have always believed in the idea of wearing your personality on your sleeve. I have never been ashamed of whatever I do,” she expressed.
On the work front, Koechlin revealed that she would love to do commercial films but not many have caught her eye: “There’s a perception that I am choosy but I actually say yes to most scripts that come my way, provided my role adds to the story. People feel I don’t do mainstream cinema. But frankly, I haven’t been offered any good commercial film that has caught my interest, or one I feel is important enough for me to invest my time in,” the actor shared.
Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below.
- Gaza is trending at 10 in India
- Rs 650 is trending at 9 in India
- Jharkhand's Kumardubi is trending at 8 in India
- Arun Sadhu is trending at 6 in India
- #Super30 is trending at 5 in India
- #MaharawalRatanSingh is trending at 4 in India
- #DeendayalUpadhyaya is trending at 3 in India
- Studio Weekend Estimates: ‘Kingsman’ Golden w/ $39M; ‘Lego Ninjago’ Starts w/ $21.2M; R-Rated Titles Comprise 8 of Top 10
- Trio through to Uruguay as Korea DPR retain title
- Trump slaps travel restrictions on N Korea, Venezuela in sweeping new ban
- London mayor says Britain should not host President Trump on state visit
- Chastened Merkel braces for coalition tussle after vote
- Venezuela added to US travel ban
- Govt to finalise health surcharge policy after PM returns
- Moeen Ali smashes second fastest ODI century for England, helps them beat West Indies
- India clinch ODI series with hat-trick of wins against Australia
- Barca, Real and Atletico all win in La Liga
- Seven pro-Jamaat-e-Islami doctors face police grilling over ‘violent sabotage plan'
- BNP rejects Hasina's 'safe zone' solution to Rohingya crisis
- Man beats sister to death over marriage dispute