The daring Kalki Koechlin is known for her eccentric persona within the Indian film industry. The Margarita with a straw star always seems to experiment with her movie roles and her fashion style but is always open to justifying her actions.
Reported by Business of Cinema, Koechlin has found the need to explain her recent photo-shoot which was shared on her Instagram handle:
She was attacked for the baring it all photo and went on to tell a leading tabloid that, “As women, we often are depicted through a man’s perspective, but this picture was clicked by a woman photographer. That’s why I found it significant to share the photograph.”
Kalki Koechlin all set to work in Pakistan
The model/actor seems to have found the perfect platform to speak about body shaming, in response to all the hate and comments on her revealing picture. “Body shaming women proves how undeveloped our society still is,” she adds. Koechlin believes that she has taken a step towards making a change by sharing such pictures.
The unapologetic Kalki considers it important to be comfortable in your own skin, have faith in what you do and and wear your heart on your sleeve. She doesn’t seem ashamed nor embarrassed about her photo-shoot. Does she need to be?
Saw a human aspect of Pakistan through Azmaish: Kalki Koechlin
“I think it’s important to celebrate who you are and your body rather than ponder about what the world will think. I have always believed in the idea of wearing your personality on your sleeve. I have never been ashamed of whatever I do,” she expressed.
On the work front, Koechlin revealed that she would love to do commercial films but not many have caught her eye: “There’s a perception that I am choosy but I actually say yes to most scripts that come my way, provided my role adds to the story. People feel I don’t do mainstream cinema. But frankly, I haven’t been offered any good commercial film that has caught my interest, or one I feel is important enough for me to invest my time in,” the actor shared.
Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below.
- Happily Ever Afterlife: The Making of Disney Pixar’s ‘COCO’
- Weekend Forecast: Will Pixar’s ‘Coco’ Reign for Thanksgiving Over ‘Justice League’ Breakout ‘Wonder’?
- PM Hasina asks why High Court is spending time on ‘petty matters, not important cases’
- Gaten Matarazzo Joe Keery Shame The Internet While Answering The Most Searched Questions About Stranger Things — Watch!
- ICICI Bank launches Eazypay mobile app
- And The Dancing With The Stars Mirrorball Trophy Goes To…
- America's Next Top Model Winner Eva Marcille Is Pregnant With A Baby Boy!
- David Cassidy Passes Away At 67
- Julia Stiles Welcomes Her First Child!
- Meghan McCain Just Got Married At Her Father's Ranch! Awwww!
- Chrissy Teigen Flaunts Her Baby Bump After Announcing Second Pregnancy!
- Nick Carter Accused Of Rape! Melissa Schuman Of Girl Group Dream Tells Her Horrifying Story!
- Janice Dickinson Scores A Legal Win Against Bill Cosby!
- Gabby Douglas Says She Was Also Abused By Team Doctor Larry Nassar
- Colourful strings weave through renovated offices of Californian design agency
- Inside Pakistan’s Biggest Business Conglomerate: The Pakistani Military
- India’s Chabahar Vs China’s Gwadar: New Delhi Plays Tic-Tac-Toe With Beijing
- No woman who works in this industry is surprised
- Armenian president comments on relations with Russia
- Amitabh Bachchan to receive Indian Film Personality of the Year Award at IFFI 2017