PRESS RELEASE —
PLANO, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Aug. 10, 2017– Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry, today announced the grand opening of its new 12-screen theatre in Abilene, TX. The Cinemark Abilene and XD Theatre, located at 672 East Overland Trail, will feature Cinemark’s NextGen cinema design concept, Luxury Lounger electric recliners in all auditoriums, a Cinemark XD auditorium and an expanded snack bar menu. Movie-goers can reserve their seats in advance and purchase tickets conveniently at cinemark.com.
“We look forward to opening our new state-of-the-art Cinemark Abilene and XD Theatre on the northeast side of the city,” said Mark Zoradi, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “It’s been almost 20 years since a new theatre has opened in this growing community and we know our Guests will enjoy this premier entertainment experience, true to the Cinemark brand.”
At the Cinemark Abilene and XD Theatre, Guests will experience the comforts of a brand-new NextGen theatre which boasts cutting-edge technology and customer-preferred amenities including:
- Cinemark’s Luxury Loungers that are electric-powered, plush, oversize recliners with footrests
- A state-of-the-art viewing environment with wall-to-wall screens in all auditoriums
- A Cinemark XD auditorium. XD is the number one, private-label, Premium Large Format (PLF) in the world
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability
- Enhanced sound systems that enable customers to hear the movies as the filmmakers intended
- Reserved seating that can be secured online in advance, at the kiosk or box office
- D-BOX motion seats
- Concession stand featuring popcorn, Coca-Cola Freestyle fountain drinks, Starbucks coffee and favorite candy brands; plus chicken tenders with wedge fries, pretzel bites, individual-sized pizzas, hot dogs and Blue Bell Ice Cream
- Special discount pricing for Early-Bird, Senior Mondays, Discount Tuesdays and Active Military
- An arcade game room featuring the latest and greatest games with something for everyone from 8 to 80
- A party room available for rental for birthday parties or other celebrations
The Cinemark Abilene and XD officially opens to the public on Thursday, August 10 with a variety of activities planned to help celebrate the grand opening including:
- Radio personalities from multiple radio stations on-site beginning Thursday through Sunday, August 10-13, who will be giving away special prizes like the chance to win Cinemark movie passes for a year
- The first 100 Guests who visit the theatre each day, on August 10-13, and purchase tickets at the box office or present their receipt from an online purchase, will receive a 2017 Cinemark refillable popcorn bucket and cup
Customers can purchase tickets at www.cinemark.com and join Cinemark’s Loyalty Program, Connections, by visiting https://www.cinemark.com/connections or by downloading the Cinemark app available on iOS and Android devices. Stay connected through Cinemark’s social media channels at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@Cinemark, #Cinemark).
- Ayushmann Khurrana Interview: It’s a welcome change for me to not be the simple, sweet and good guy in a film!
- Review of Partition: 1947, a heartfelt depiction of factors that led to Indo-Pak Partition, in Last Viceroy's Point of view!
- Dhanush: 'VIP 2' starts from where 'VIP' ended. It's a proper sequel to VIP!
- Azpilicueta talks FIWC, team-mates' FIFA skills and his favourite club
- Nominees for The Best FIFA Football Awards to be announced on Thursday
- Women’s football tackling big issues in India
- Valderrama: To be the best, you have to love football
- Favourites on form during exciting opening day
- New-look Nepal harbouring fresh hopes
- 10 Amazing Places Life Has Been Found
- 10 Reasons The Story Of Jesus Might Be An Allegory For The Sun
- Top 10 Incredible Stories Told By Credible People
- Trump's crisis spurs talk of White House departures
- Internet firms shift stance, move to exile white supremacists
- Thirty-seven inmates killed in government raid on Venezuelan prison
- With a wary eye on Iran, Saudi and Iraqi leaders draw closer
- Virginia rally victim's message 'magnified,' mother tells memorial
- Bangladesh has highest trade deficit since 2010
- Dominant Madrid crush Barcelona to win Super Cup
- Human Rights Watch appeals to India on Rohingya situation