Delhi Police is on a lookout for three Pakistan spies in the national capital in relation to a blackmail case involving an Army Colonel.
A man was arrested earlier this week for threatening to share morphed nude pictures of a lady Colonel on social media. The accused has been identified as Mohammed Pervez and is suspected to have links with Pakistan spy agency ISI.
The Dwarka-based lady officer filed a complained following harassment by the accused, who blackmailed her for sensitive defence-strategy information.
In her complaint, the officer mentioned that she was getting calls and obscene morphed pictures from unknown numbers and messages on Facebook by a profile user called Ikta Sharma.
When she refused to divulge any information, the Facebook profile user sent morphed nude pictures of the officer to her daughter.
Pervez has been booked under IT Act, 123 IPC among other sections.
DELHI POLICE FOILS ISI PLOY
India Today has accessed the remand papers of Mohammed Parvez, that reveal that he is indeed an ISI operative who has been supplying Indian SIM cards to three other Pakistan nationals.
One of the persons he provided a SIM card to has been identified as Naushad, who works as a visa counsellor with the Pakistan High Commission in Delhi.
It also exposes the modus operandi of the accused. Parvez and his aides targeted a lady officer with the aim of extracting information on Indian Army, and thus decided to scare her by using morphed images.
He admitted that the information they were hoping to procure from the lady officer, would have been used by Pakistan spy agency ISI to destabilise the Government of India.
A notable detail in this case is that a similar plan was used by another officer working at the Pakistan High Commission, whose ploy was busted successfully last October.
The officer, Mehmood Akhter was then detained and later asked to leave India. He too was working in the visa section of the commission.
- Edgar Allan Poe is trending at 9 in world
- Australia Group is trending at 7 in India
- 20 AAP MLAs is trending at 1 in India
- Screenvision Announces Jurors for First Hegarty Advertising in Cinema Excellence Awards
- 1 injured in Mumbai's Navrang studio fire
- J&K: Two civilians killed as Pakistan violates ceasefire
- Amit Shah to launch 'Yuva Udghosh' in Varanasi
- Air quality in Delhi-NCR continues to remain severe
- CM Yogi to attend 'sant sammelan' in UP
- Kerala: Woman murders son, arrested
- Low per capital income result of 'indiscriminate bifurcation': Andhra CM
- Dacoits abduct two minors in Lucknow
- INSV Tarini crosses Cape Horn
- 99-year-old from Jharkhand can't survive without eating mud
- Kashmiri Pandits observe 28th Exodus Day
- Eleven civilians injured in ceasefire violation along LoC
- WB: Two killed in TMC clash
- Omar urges India, Pak to work together to bring peace
- UK encourages travelling Indians to apply for visitor visa
- Tripura gets second passenger bus to Kolkata via Dhaka