New Delhi: Defence Expert P.K. Sehgal on Tuesday said that if a party helmed by dreaded terrorist Hafiz Muhammad Saeed does well in Pakistan elections then it will be a big reason of worry for India and other neighbouring countries.
"Pakistani people cannot be so foolish as to elect such a man. But if he does well in the elections and emerges as a king maker then not only India but the entire neighbourhood would need to worry," Sehgal told.
He further said that the Election Commission of Pakistan has not registered dreaded terrorist Hafiz Muhammad Saeed's party Jammat-ud-Dawah for 2018 elections and that they may not do so as the party has been dubbed as an international terrorist organisation.
"The Election Commission of Pakistan has not yet registered Hafiz Saeed's party. They may not do so as they are fully aware that the JuD is an international terrorist organisation. Its leader Hafiz Saeed is an international terrorist. 10 million bounties are on his head. His desire to fight elections from every single constituency during 2018 is a wishful dream and wishful thinking," he added.
Hafiz Muhammad Saeed is trying his hands in politics and has put his stooge in an election fray in Pakistan. However, his political stooge is also a designated terrorist.
Recently, Saeed launched Milli Muslim League political party that is fighting to win the seat of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif in the National Assembly.
Saeed is one of the most-wanted militant leaders in South Asia who carries a USD 10 million American bounty on his head.
Though the Election Commission of Pakistan has strictly prohibited the display of Saeed's picture on election posters, but the constituency in Lahore is covered with posters showing Saeed, his visage side by side with the official candidate, Muhammad Yaqoob Sheikh, a senior Jamaat-ud-Dawa leader.
- 20 AAP MLAs is trending at 8 in world
- Australia Group is trending at 7 in India
- 20 AAP MLAs is trending at 1 in India
- Giant pandas arrive in Finland in Chinese charm offensive
- UK encourages travelling Indians to apply for visitor visa
- Turkey’s Aselsan begins serial production of missile hunters
- Car hits pedestrians near Rio's Copacabana beach
- Powerful photos of last 50 years
- 'PM, Gujarat police harassing me'
- Ryan re-run: Boy attacked in school allegedly by class 6 girl, principal held
- Ryan re-run case: Shocking details
- Obama is returning to politics
- Hafiz Saeed should be prosecuted: US
- Property investments in the Netherlands hit new record, nearing €20bn
- Here Is All You Need To Know About The Agni-V ICBM
- I Have Never Once Heard The Term 'Indian State-Sponsored Terrorism': Former CIA Director David Petraeus
- India Tests Ballistic Missile, Posing New Threat to China: New York Times
- DRDO Lab In Pune Provided Key Parts For AGNI-5
- SEC cools traders’ hot plans for cryptocurrency-based exchange traded funds
- Entire China Within India’s Nuke Strike Zone