All the military stations and cantonments have been working with the Cantonment Boards to arrive at a cleanliness mechanism
Keeping in mind Prime Minister Modi’s vision, Indian Army is also taking part in the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ by keeping their surroundings, even in remote areas, clean and help in environmental conservation. Events like ‘Swachhta Pakhwada’, ‘Cleanliness Drives’, ‘Run for clean environment’, are becoming a regular feature by the Army to bring in the awareness. All the schools run by the Army are focusing on cleanliness other than tree plantation.
All the military stations and cantonments have been working with the Cantonment Boards to arrive at a cleanliness mechanism. Huge cantonments like Delhi, Lucknow, Ambala, Pathankot, Kolkata, and others, can easily be nominated as the cleanest areas of the country. Biodegradable toilets, neat cubicle toilets have been established in almost all such stations and cantonments. Efforts are on to ensure that there is no open defecation in any of the cantonments of Indian Army. Cantonment boards have also acquired necessary equipment and additional manpower to clean their boards.
On September 17, ‘Swachhta hi Sewa’ rally was also flagged off at the Military Station in Pithoragarh which was attended by the Officers, JCOs, and Jawans of all the units present at the Station. During the event, all ranks took a pledge to keep their unit, cantonment, and surroundings clean and spread the message of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan everywhere. This was also the opening ceremony for the two-week long Swachhta mission to clean the remotest of military occupied areas by the units, keeping Prime Minister’s vision in mind.
“Shramdaan’ and clean the area in and around the place one works, is intrinsic to the character and routine activities of Indian Army personnel. Daily cleanliness drive is carried out by serving personnel on almost daily basis. The families and children join men in tree plantation, hygiene and sanitation awareness camps and cleanliness drives. Roll calls, Sainik Sammelans, and briefings during everyday routine find this aspect being highlighted,” said an official.
Also, Rajendra Singh, Director General Indian Coast Guard, along with Manoj Tiwari, Member of Parliament, NGO Dkrrish Hanu and with a team of officers, sailor, civilian staff and their family members, visited the banks of river Yamuna to spread the message- Swachhta hi Sewa hai. While DGICG visited the Yamuna in Delhi, all his Regional Commanders of East coast, West coast and Andaman & Nicobar islands were also engaged in cleaning of beaches of their respective area of operations along the 7516 km long coastline of India for Swachh Sagar Abhiyan.
Defence Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, flagged off 11 'Swachhta' and garbage collection vehicles at Delhi Cantonment while Admiral S Lanba started a Swachh Bharat cleanliness drive near his residence in Chanakyapuri in the Naval residential complex.
- Saudis in talks with TAI to buy six Anka turkish drones
- Saudi firm formulates deal with BAE, Rolls-Royce for military aircraft engine maintenance
- US seeks more action from African nations on North Korea
- Leonardo boss calls market reaction ‘excessive’ in wake of lower forecast
- NATO apologizes after Turkey’s president shown as enemy during drill
- US State Department clears Poland’s $10.5B request to buy Patriot
- Ambassador to NATO unsure if US will impose sanctions on Turkey for S-400 buy
- Lebanon's Hariri leaves Saudi Arabia for France on Friday
- Regional gird project being established soon to utilize energy in GB: Akbar
- Expansionist designs of India great threat to peace in region: AJK PM
- Highest standards of education to be ensured at all Public Sector Universities: AJK President
- PM Hariri arrives to Paris as Saudi-Iranian tensions run high
- Pakistan NSA Nasser Khan Janjua Accuses India of Creating 'Two-Front Situation'
- Pakistan Has To Show Pristine Behaviour For Normalisation of Ties With NSG: Former US Diplomat
- Argentine Submarine Goes Missing With 44 Crew Members On Board - Navy
- China Proposes Alternative Routes For CPEC Via J K, Nepal
- Chennai Customs Website Hacked: Hackers Possibly From Pakistan Claim To Deface Site
- Purchase of More Rafales Was Raised By France Last Month: Defence Minister
- Shah Rukh Khan's production partners with Netflix on original series based on ‘Bard of Blood’ book
- Toyota, Suzuki to produce electric vehicles for India market by 2020