Pakistan Prime Minister, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
Pakistan has threatened to drop US as a supplier of military aircraft if Washington tries to downgrade its relationship with Islamabad
Pakistan currently buys F-16 fighters and it would like to buy more F-16s, but we do have other options. We have a long relationship with both the French and the Chinese, and we have been developing the JF-17 alongside the Chinese, which in many ways meets or even exceeds the specifications of the F-16, Pakistan’s new Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi was quoted as saying in an interview with Financial Times on Sunday.
The US Donald Trump administration in August criticised Islamabad for providing safe havens to terrorists. The US had even hinted at imposing sanctions on Pakistani officials having links with militants.
Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi had warned last Monday that any targeted sanctions against Pakistani officials would not help in US counter-terrorism efforts. Pakistan in this context has started looking out for regional support in the wake of scathing remarks from Trump.
The Express Tribune reported that Pakistan has been in contact with two veto-wielding powers - China and Russia - who have opposed the American policy of putting undue pressure on Pakistan.
- Syed Salahuddin is trending at 6 in India
- Alien sightings no excuse for filing your tax return late
- Former Dreamworks Exec Gordon Synn Joins Fathom Events as Chief Content and Programming Officer
- Weekend Forecast: ’12 Strong’ ‘Den of Thieves’ Aim For Older Male Audiences Against Sunday NFL Playoffs
- Muslim woman's house set ablaze for supporting Ram Temple
- FM Jaitley chairs pre-budget meeting in Delhi
- 17 yr-old-girl killed in ceasefire violation by Pakistan
- Israel PM meets biz leaders over power breakfast in Mumbai
- EC announces dates for Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland Assembly polls
- Saharanpur' Chirag knows multiplication tables till 20 crore
- Chabahar corridor, a major success: Iranian minister
- In pics: First photos of Enrique and Anna's twins
- Don't miss: Padmaavat Tamil trailer out now
- Saba Qamar slams Pakistan govt
- Dunford on the US-Pakistan relations: ‘I’m not giving up’
- France welcomes the first C-130J Super Hercules airlifter
- Turkey, UK officials meet over status of Turkish jet program
- French order of C-130J aircraft signals plan for larger Air Force fleet
- First F-35B shipboard deployment to begin as US warship arrives in Japan
- Russia and US engage in 'military base race' in Syria