Army personnel posing with Indian National Flag during Independence Day celebration
The 185 soldiers from the state were part of a passing out parade at Bana Singh Parade ground of Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAKLI) Regimental centre
More than 180 soldiers from Jammu and Kashmir were on Tuesday inducted into the Army after completion of their year-long training.
The 185 soldiers from the state were part of a passing out parade at Bana Singh Parade ground of Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAKLI) Regimental centre, where hundreds of relatives of the new recruits had gathered on the occasion.
The parade that marks the graduation of a recruit and his induction as a soldier was reviewed by Chief of Integrated Defence Staff Lt Gen Satish Dua, who is also Colonel of the JAKLI Regiment, a defence spokesman said.
He said the parade was attended by over 1,000 relatives including parents of the young soldiers, besides a number of civil and military dignitaries.
The dauntless young soldiers of the regiment hailing from all regions and religions of the state of Jammu and Kashmir, marching in precise unison with a singular aim of devoting their lives in service of their nation, singing their Regimental Song ‘Balidanam Veer Lakshnam’, inspired one and all as their voice echoed in the Parade ground, the spokesman said.
Their salute to the tri-colour with national anthem playing inspired patriotic fervour in all present, he said.
Lt General Dua congratulated the young soldiers for their immaculate parade and impressed upon them to render selfless service to the nation.
He praised their contribution towards encouraging more youths from Jammu and Kashmir to come forward to join the security forces.
Lt. Gen Dua also highlighted the vital role played by the parents in motivating their wards to join this noble profession.
While some youth from the state have been misguided and gone astray, the young soldiers who have been inducted today into the army present the real picture of youth from Jammu and Kashmir, Lt Gen Dua told reporters here.
He said the army always provides a platform for assimilation of the youth of the state into the national mainstream by way recruitment or engagement.
- Sweden to re-establish military unit on Baltic Sea island
- French lawmaker warns over judging the budget by its cover
- Making sense of CHAMP, the silver bullet miracle missile that isn’t
- Serbia turns to Russia for air defense systems, helo procurement
- GAO: Upgrading to new GPS will cost billions more than planned
- BDcabs introduces enterprise app ‘Gari Technology’ at Istanbul meet
- ICC admits allegations of Ashes spot-fixing plot are ‘of grave concern’
- Jeff Horn keen to prove point to US doubters after win over Gary Corcoran
- At ICJ is trending at 9 in India
- France creates office to improve military aircraft readiness
- Potential ‘harm’ to economy now a factor in all Canada defense competitions
- Poland will piece together its own solution for short-range air defense
- Comprehensive missile defense for the homeland [Commentary]
- Everton executes Renato’s masterplan to perfection
- Two Reuters journalists arrested in Myanmar
- UN envoy urges Security Council to visit Myanmar, Bangladesh
- Starbucks wi-fi makes computers mine crypto-currency
- Zionist Union unveils plan for fighting corruption
- Düsseldorf court releases suspect in 'suicide bomb plot' over lack of evidence
- PAK SCAN: Kulbhushan Jadhav Case: Pakistan To Submit Its Reply To ICJ Today