Only private team from India. When Rahul Narayan started a software startup back in 2010, he never thought his ideas would perhaps end up on the moon
by Dipanjan Roy Chaudhury
When PSLV-XL launches from Sriharikota, carrying Japanese rover Sorato and Indian rover ECA, it will be the first time a private entity will undertake robotic space exploration mission
NEW DELHI: Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s visit to Gujarat on September 13-14 for the annual bilateral summit is set to give a push to Indo-Japan space cooperation including a mission to the moon.
TeamIndus, a Bangalore-based private aerospace company, has joined hands with Japan to launch India’s first private spacecraft to moon in March 2018.
This feat has so far been achieved only by the United States, Russia and China.
When PSLV-XL launches from Sriharikota, carrying Japanese rover Sorato and Indian rover ECA, it will be the first time a private entity will undertake robotic space exploration mission, people aware of the development said. They said the main engines are being sourced from Japan’s IHI Aerospace and Sorato rover is developed by iSpace Tokyo.
TeamIndus plans to launch the spacecraft aboard the Indian Space Research Organisation’s PSLV that will inject the spacecraft into an orbit 800 km above the surface of the Earth. From there on, the spacecraft will set course to the moon by switching on its own engines. After landing on the lunar surface on Mare Imbrium, both the rovers would be deployed.
- Malaysia arrests seven suspected of involvement with Abu Sayyaf militant group
- Palestinian Abbas says Middle East peace closer with Trump engaged
- North Korea calls Trump ‘barking dog’
- UAF inks agreement
- Muslims caught in Austrian election crossfire
- Deepika Padukone looks regal in first look of ‘Padmavati’
- Two revenue dept officials injured
- Azadi Chowk inaugurated in Sargodha
- Two wildlife officials gunned down
- US, Iran meet as Trump threat looms over nuke deal
- Anti-migrant, anti-Muslim, anti-Merkel: Germany's AfD
- EXレイドパス is trending at 10 in Japan
- 創設表明 is trending at 8 in Japan
- #あんスタカップリングメーカー is trending at 6 in Japan
- Gboard is trending at 5 in Japan
- #バスの日 is trending at 4 in Japan
- Matosas is trending at 10 in world
- 시민상 is trending at 9 in world
- Paulinho is trending at 8 in world
- #MartesIntratable is trending at 7 in world