During the visit, Lukashenko is expected to meet India's top political leadership
NEW DELHI: India and Belarus are expected to ramp up their bilateral co-operations, including in defence and security, as Alexander Lukashenko, the President of the eastern European country, arrives on a two-day visit to New Delhi on Monday.
The visit takes place at a time when Belarus and India are celebrating the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations.
During the visit, Lukashenko is expected to meet with President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
An External Affairs Ministry statement said the two sides were expected to discuss bilateral cooperation in defence and security, trade and investment, science and technology and people-to-people exchanges.
"They are also likely to exchange views and assessments on regional and multilateral issues of mutual interest.
"A business forum and parallel meetings organised for the members of the large delegation accompanying Lukashenko would explore opportunities and cooperation avenues," the statement said.
- #زد_رصيدك17 is trending at 10 in world
- #البنات_مزبله_البشريه is trending at 9 in world
- Ron Gardenhire is trending at 8 in world
- Roberto Baratta is trending at 7 in world
- John Kelly is trending at 6 in world
- #LEmissionPolitique is trending at 5 in world
- #XF11 is trending at 4 in world
- #SigamosCambiandoJuntos is trending at 3 in world
- #bbcqt is trending at 2 in world
- #Gala6GH is trending at 1 in world
- 5 Years Of Sidharth Malhotra is trending at 9 in India
- Rex Tillerson is trending at 8 in India
- GOLMAAL AGAIN BOOKINGS OPEN is trending at 7 in India
- #LightingTheHimalayas is trending at 6 in India
- #Mersal is trending at 5 in India
- #HappyDiwali is trending at 4 in India
- #SpiritDay is trending at 3 in India
- #CrackerBanHitOrMiss is trending at 2 in India
- 22 EVERGREEN YEARS OF DDLJ is trending at 1 in India
- Social Media: The ‘IT’ Factor