"Daily morning meetings with the three service chiefs and a separate daily meeting with the defence secretary have been formatted as a new practice for quick decision making," the ministry said
NEW DELHI: Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will hold meetings with the three service chiefs every morning to ensure quick decision making in areas of strategic importance.
It had also been decided that the Defence Acquisition Council, the highest decision making body on defence procurement, would meet on a fortnightly basis to ensure a time-bound clearance of proposals on military acquisition, the defence ministry said.
Sitharaman would also have a separate meeting with the defence secretary every day, it added.
"A whole range of meetings has been scheduled with the three defence service chiefs to review defence preparedness and allied issues of strategic interests.
"Daily morning meetings with the three service chiefs and a separate daily meeting with the defence secretary have been formatted as a new practice for quick decision making," the ministry said in a statement.
Sitharaman, during meetings with senior officials of the ministry today, gave clear directions on critical issues while emphasising the need to step up the pace of acquisition proposals.
- US announces new assistance to Lebanese military
- Sweden to re-establish military unit on Baltic Sea island
- French lawmaker warns over judging the budget by its cover
- Making sense of CHAMP, the silver bullet miracle missile that isn’t
- Serbia turns to Russia for air defense systems, helo procurement
- GAO: Upgrading to new GPS will cost billions more than planned
- Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee
- British lawmakers defeat May's government on Brexit law
- Bangladesh to ramp up security for Christmas, New Year festivities in Dhaka
- Bangladesh to observe Martyred Intellectuals Day Thursday
- Hasina flying back home from France
- BDcabs introduces enterprise app ‘Gari Technology’ at Istanbul meet
- Jeff Horn keen to prove point to US doubters after win over Gary Corcoran
- Piyush Goyal is trending at 10 in India
- At ICJ is trending at 9 in India
- NATO Hails Opening of Saudi Arabian Movie Theater Market
- France creates office to improve military aircraft readiness
- Potential ‘harm’ to economy now a factor in all Canada defense competitions
- Poland will piece together its own solution for short-range air defense
- Comprehensive missile defense for the homeland [Commentary]