A battle ready Sukhoi Su-30MKI Air Superiority Fighter of the Indian Air Force
Indian Air Force Sukhoi fighter jets will be equipped with new reconnaissance pods under INR 3,000 crore proposal recently cleared, amid rising tensions with China and Pakistan.
The aircraft with new reconnaissance pods will help detect hardened terrorists in remote locations such as mountains and bunkers, India Today reports Thursday.
It can also identify bunkers built by the enemy in hidden terrain. The reconnaissance pods will help analyse suspected terrains where high value enemy assets or terrorists could be hiding and further locate the target and eliminate it.
The aircraft is already being upgraded for carrying the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile which would be hitting targets in ranges up to 300 km.
It was reported last month that the Air Force is also planning to enhance the enemy detection capabilities with advanced radar like the Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar which can help the IAF pilots to track enemy planes and target more effectively and at longer ranges.
The IAF has placed the orders for 272 Su-30MKIs from Russia in different batches and they have been deployed across the country at different locations in 12 squadrons.
- Australia Group is trending at 7 in India
- INSV Tarini crosses Cape Horn
- UK encourages travelling Indians to apply for visitor visa
- Akshay said this about Rajinikanth
- SC says no to plea on Censor Board
- Turkey’s Aselsan begins serial production of missile hunters
- Bullet train: Japan ahead of India
- 9 years after 26/11, Moshe Holtzberg returns to Chabad House in Mumbai
- Here Is All You Need To Know About The Agni-V ICBM
- I Have Never Once Heard The Term 'Indian State-Sponsored Terrorism': Former CIA Director David Petraeus
- India Tests Ballistic Missile, Posing New Threat to China: New York Times
- Rani Mukerji is all set to do some Dadagiri
- DRDO Lab In Pune Provided Key Parts For AGNI-5
- Esha Gupta to raise funds for the cause of sportswomen in villages
- Entire China Within India’s Nuke Strike Zone
- Netanyahu Backs India's Right To Hit Terror Hideouts Across LoC
- 'We Believe Hafiz Saeed Should Be Prosecuted, We've Made That Very Clear To Pakistan,' Says U.S.
- Shabana Azmi speaks up in favour of the Supreme Court’s decision on Padmaavat
- Attack Helicopter Rudra First Time In R-Day Parade
- 'Indian forces well prepared to contain ceasefire violations'